FCC Resource CenterA comprehensive listing of valuable FCC-related materials, from compliance information to ACA advocacy efforts, to help your business remain informed.
FCC Resource Center
The Telephone Consumer Protection Act has a significant impact on the ability of debt collectors to lawfully contact consumers. Given the importance of effective communication to successful debt recovery, ACA International continues to lead the effort to modernize the TCPA to better balance consumer privacy with legitimate business communications.
The Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) restricts the use of automatic telephone dialing systems (ATDS or autodialers), artificial or prerecorded voice messages, text messages received by cell phones, and the use of fax machines to send unsolicited advertisements. It also specifies several technical requirements for fax machines, autodialers, and voice messaging systems.
Although Congress enacted the TCPA primarily to regulate the activities of telemarketers and the delivery of telephone solicitations and unsolicited advertisements, certain important provisions of the statute and its regulations extend to all persons and entities, including debt collectors.
Below, ACA members will find a continually updated repository of FCC-related materials. From valuable compliance information, to ACA advocacy efforts and other FCC-related activity, ACA has created this comprehensive FCC Resource Center to help your business remain informed. Please check back often to be sure you stay up-to-date on FCC developments.
- BREAKING NEWS: ACA wins legal challenge against FCC’s TCPA declaratory ruling and order, read the full analysis here.
- Consumer and Government Affairs Bureau Seeks Comment on Interpretation of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act in Light of the D.C. Circuit’s ACA International Decision
- Proposed Rule Advanced Methods To Target and Eliminate Unlawful Robocalls
- Advanced Methods to Target and Eliminate Unlawful Robocalls - Second Report and Order (Reassigned Numbers Database)
- In-Depth Analysis of Reassigned Numbers Database Order for the ARM Industry