Update your to-do list with these key dates, including opportunities to level up your business and renew your ACA membership.
11/20/2023 2:55 P.M.
2.5 minute read
Here are some important dates and deadlines to put on your calendar:
- Renew Your Membership for 2024: Don’t forget to renew your annual membership with ACA International for 2024! Renew online (login required) or pay using the renewal invoice that will be mailed to you in mid-November. For assistance, contact ACA’s Member Services team through the Customer Service Portal.
- Key Supreme Court Case: A decision from the U.S. Supreme Court in CFPB v. Community Financial Services Association of America Ltd. (CFSA), a case that may determine the bureau’s funding structure, is expected to be issued between December 2023 and June 2024.
- Benchmarking Opportunity: As you prepare for 2024, what changes could you make to attain greater profitability? ACA’s Benchmarking Intelligence can help you get the answers to that question. Get key insights by participating in ACA’s Benchmarking Intelligence platform. You can sign up to participate any time, but to receive the next quarterly comparison report, you will need to enter your Q3 2023 data into the platform between Dec. 1-30. Get started today! Learn more.
- Maine Licensing Update: Debt collection agencies transitioning a Maine license through the Nationwide Multistate Licensing System (NMLS) before Dec. 31, 2023, must include a bond renewal document. ACA’s Bond Unit is working with ACA bond participants to ensure this requirement is met by the deadline. Learn more.
- Participate in Antitrust Settlement: If your business accepted any Visa or Mastercard payments between 2004 and 2019, you may be owed some money. The $5.6 billion antitrust settlement arose from a lawsuit alleging that businesses paid excessive interchange fees for accepting Visa and Mastercard payments. As a result, all businesses that accepted Visa or Mastercard payments within that 15-year time period have an opportunity to get back the money you overpaid. ACA has joined forces with DCap Claims, a member of the Alliance ACA program, to help our members with the process of filing a claim in order to receive the funds due to them. Learn more.
- California Licensing Deadline: California individuals and businesses that provide mortgage, money transmission, debt collection and consumer financial services have until Dec. 31 to renew their annual licenses in the NMLS. Learn more.
- Proposed Data Sharing Rule: The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau recently introduced a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking on its new Personal Financial Data Rights rule. The rule is aimed at driving competition and enabling consumers to have greater control over their financial data while protecting them from data misuse and surveillance. The CFPB has opened comments on the proposed rule until Dec. 29, 2023. According to a client alert from Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck LLP, the proposal will have wide impacts on financial institutions and third parties if finalized. More information.