Advocacy Resource Center
The accounts receivable management industry is highly regulated by both federal and state laws and regulations, and new proposals are put forth every year that could result in onerous restrictions on ACA members. It is therefore critical for ACA International members to understand how current and proposed legislation and regulatory initiatives can affect their day-to-day business and for members to have access to the tools necessary to help defeat or support bills that could affect the collection business climate.
Here are some tools to advocate for the accounts receivable management industry when meeting with your lawmakers and regulators.
About the Industry
BCFP Advocacy Tools
- Overview of the BCFP’s Debt Collection Complaints and Research (One-page)
- A Review of Debt Collection Complaints Submitted to the Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection’s Complaint Database in the First Half of 2018 (White Paper)
- An Overview of the Analytical Flaws and Methodological Shortcomings of the CFPB’s Survey of Consumer Experiences with Debt Collection (White Paper)
TCPA Advocacy Tools
- ACA International’s Concerns and Recommendations for the TCPA (One-page)
- The Impact of Call-Blocking and Labeling Technologies on the Accounts Receivable Management Industry (One-page)
- Unintended Consequences of an Outdated Statute: How the TCPA Fails to Keep Pace with Shifting Consumer Trends (White Paper)