Advocacy Resource Center
The credit and collection industry is highly regulated by both federal and state laws and regulations, and new proposals are put forth every year that could result in onerous restrictions on ACA members. It is therefore critical for ACA International members to understand how current and proposed legislation and regulatory initiatives can affect their day-to-day business and for members to have access to the tools necessary to help defeat or support bills that could affect the collection business climate.
Here are some tools to advocate for the credit and collection industry when meeting with your lawmakers and regulators.
- ACA International Fact Sheet
- Overview of the BCFP’s Debt Collection Complaints and Research
- ACA International’s Concerns and Recommendations for the TCPA
- The Economic Impact of Third-Party Debt Collection
- Small Business in the Collection Industry in 2018
- A Review of Debt Collection Complaints Submitted to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau’s Complaint Database in 2017
- Unintended Consequences of an Outdated Statute: How the TCPA Fails to Keep Pace with Shifting Consumer Trends
- An Overview of the Analytical Flaws and Methodological Shortcomings of the CFPB’s Survey of Consumer Experiences with Debt Collection
Advocacy AlertsSubscribe to ACA DailySubscribe to SCS Daily
ACA Advocacy Alerts highlight advocacy updates and efforts made by ACA International on behalf of its members to advance the objectives of the credit and collection industry through legislative, regulatory, and judicial advocacy, as well as through original research that supports ACA’s advocacy goals.