The Office of the Commissioner of Financial Regulation will host a virtual information session this month.
The Maryland office of the Commissioner of Financial Regulation announced it will host a free virtual information session Oct. 26 for Maryland consumer debt collection agencies.
Federal and state regulators and industry thought leaders will lead the discussion for the virtual information session.
Discussion topics include:
- New federal rules for debt collection
- The Maryland Consumer Debt Collection Act
- Medical debt collection
- Debt buying
- Consumer privacy and data security
- The State Examination System
- The use of technology to improve operations and compliance
- And more
All collection agencies and their representatives operating in Maryland are invited. Collection agencies that are considered small businesses are especially encouraged to attend.
To attend the seminar, which will be held Oct. 26, from 1 p.m. – 4:45 p.m. EDT, register here.