The CFPB is committed to addressing consumer financial challenges affecting servicemembers, veterans, and their families. The CFPB has established the Office of Servicemember Affairs, which has a special focus on identifying and solving problems for servicemembers. Explore reports, exam manuals, research and compliance resources to help you better understand the CFPB's expectations for collecting from this segment of the population.
- Servicemembers 2015: A Year in Review (March 2016)
- Overseas and Underserved: Student Loan Servicing and the Cost to Our Men and Women in Uniform (July 2015)
- A Snapshot of Complaints Received from Servicemembers, Veterans, and their Families (April 2015)
- CFPB Exam Procedures for the Military Lending Act (MLA)
The exam procedures have been updated to reflect 2015 amendments made by the Department of Defense.
ACA Research & Compliance
- ACA International’s Response to the CFPB’s Servicemember Complaint Report: Servicemembers 2015: A Year in Review
ACA believes that some of the claims in the CFPB's report, Servicemembers 2015: A Year in Review, are unfounded, the CFPB's measures are vague and overly broad, and media coverage has failed to adequately address these limitations.
- ACA SearchPoint®
Relevant documents discuss compliance obligations found in the Servicemember's Civil Relief Act (SCRA) and the Military Lending Act (MLA). Select the "servicemember" tag to narrow your search.