The ACA International Education Foundation offers a scholarship program to provide individuals employed by or affiliated with the collection industry and their dependent children scholarships so they may further their education at post-secondary colleges, universities, community, or technical colleges.
Eligibility & Selection Criteria
- Must be a current employee of a company affiliated with the collection industry; or be a dependent child of such an employee.
- Scholarship recipients must enroll for a minimum of 12 credit hours at an accredited college, university, vocational-technical college or community college within 12 months following receipt of the award. Previous recipients of an ACAEF Loomer-Mortenson Scholarship are eligible to reapply; however, preference will be given to new applicants.
- The program is open to applicants throughout the United States.
- Winners will be selected based on their cumulative grade point average (GPA) and an essay (700 to 1,500 words in length) on the topic on the value of consumer credit to our nation’s economy.
- Individuals who won ACAEF Loomer-Mortenson Scholarships in the amount of $10,000, $5,000 or $3,000 (first, second or third place) in the prior year are not eligible for one of the top three prizes the following year. However, previous winners are welcome to apply for scholarships in the amount of $1,000. Preference will be given to new applicants.
Applications sent via U.S. Mail or delivery must be posmarked by May 28, 2021 and emailed applications must be recieved by May 28th, 2021.
The scholarship honors the memory of ACA member Robert E. Loomer and ACA staff member Irvin "Dempsey" Mortenson.
For more information on the Loomer-Mortenson Scholarship, please contact the ACA International Education Foundation through Member Services at 800-269-1607, or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.