Update your August to-do list with these key dates, including deadlines to speak at an upcoming ACA event, share your thoughts with the FCC and more.
07/24/2023 11:45 A.M.
2 minute read
Here are some important dates and deadlines to put on your calendar in August:
- Attend a Unit Conference: Do you do business in the Northeast U.S.? You’ll want to attend the Northeast Debt Collection Conference, taking place in Atlantic City, New Jersey, Sept. 17-19, 2023. Register by July 31 for early-bird savings. Visit neastdcc.com to learn more.
- Medical Debt Credit Reporting in Colorado: A new law in Colorado placing restrictions on medical debt credit reporting takes effect Aug. 7. Learn more.
- Share Your Thoughts: The Federal Communications Commission is moving forward with a proposed rule that would implement call blocking notification requirements for voice service providers. Comments on the proposed rule are due Aug. 9. Learn more.
- Speak at ACA’s Fall Forum: ARM industry innovators and experts are invited to share their ideas, knowledge and experiences at the 2023 Fall Forum by submitting a session proposal, due by Aug. 18. Learn more.
- Comply with Phone Requirements: The FCC’s final rules on illegal robocall mitigation go into effect Aug. 21. The rules expand requirements for voice service providers to implement the STIR/SHAKEN call authentication framework. Learn more.
- Student Loan Forbearance Ending: The payment pause for federal student loans ends Aug. 30. Interest will start to accrue on federal loans on Sept. 1, with payments starting in October, but delinquencies will not be reported until 2024.
- Get Market Intelligence: You can sign up to participate in the Benchmarking Intelligence platform any time, but to receive the next quarterly comparison report, you will need to enter your Q2 2023 data into the platform between Sept. 1-30. Use the month of August to get ready! Learn more.
- Credit Counseling Communications: The Minnesota Department of Commerce released a credit counseling resources document (PDF) that debt collection agencies must send with initial communications to Minnesota consumers, starting on Sept. 1, 2023. Learn more.
- Texas Data Privacy and Health Care Laws. Data breach notification requirements in Texas will take effect Sept. 1. A law requiring hospitals and health care providers to send patients a written, itemized invoice before their account is placed with a debt collector will take effect Sept. 1. Learn more.