The next monthly State Guide webinar, available only to subscribers, will be held Tuesday, Feb. 14. Tune in to hear ACA’s Compliance Team highlight recent changes to state laws and answer your questions.
02/10/2023 11:55 A.M.
2.5 minute read
Dive deeper into state collection laws and practices by subscribing to ACA International’s State Guide cohort and joining our monthly webinar, which will be held Tuesday, Feb. 14, 1-1:30 pm CT.
Once a stand-alone print product, today’s State Guide has evolved to become a subscribers-only community through which ACA staff, industry attorneys and agency compliance experts can share information about state statutes, regulations and state-specific judicial decisions.
State Guide subscribers get access to a whole host of additional benefits, on top of the monthly state law updates that they’ve always received. This includes new monthly webinars, open only to State Guide Cohort subscribers.
In last month’s webinar, Debra Ciskey, executive vice president at CACi, told the group: “This is such a helpful service. You don’t know how many clients in audits ask their agencies how they keep up to date on changes in federal and state requirements. It feels great to be able to say that ACA provides this amazing service. Please know how much we appreciate the State Guide and all the time the compliance folks at ACA put into keeping it up to date for us.”
Not yet a State Guide subscriber? You’re missing out. In addition to the monthly electronic updates, State Guide Cohort subscribers receive:
- Face-to-Face Sessions: Throughout the year, ACA will host a variety of face-to-face discussions exclusively for State Guide subscribers to participate in panel discussions, tackling real-time state laws and practices.
- Access to an Exclusive HUB Group: Connect with your State Guide peers! The Hub is an ACA members-only online community that gives you a private place to ask questions and make valuable industry connections.
- Locked-Down ACA Daily News Articles: Once a month, ACA’s compliance team will publish articles in ACA Daily for State Guide subscribers that provide a timely analysis of the ever-evolving landscape of state laws and regulations.
- Monthly Webinar: Held the second Tuesday of each month, this collaborative, subscribers-only webinar connects attendees with ACA staff, industry attorneys, and agency compliance experts, who share information about state statutes, regulations and state-specific judicial decisions.
“The State Guide Cohort webinars are a very valuable resource for keeping up with the ever-changing state requirements,” said Coral Winter, compliance coordinator for Hauge Associates Inc. “The webinars provide what I need to know in addressing state changes to collections communications and practices, as well as what I need to pass on to our clients. As there is only one of me and 50 states to watch, I find the ACA State Guide and the cohort webinars to be a real help.”
State Guide has long been one of the association’s most popular compliance tools. It contains a curated collection of ARM-industry-relevant state laws and related materials that impact debt collection and business operations. It covers topics such as:
- Interstate Collections
- First-Party Collections
- Commercial Collections
- Attorney Licensing
- Purchaser Licensing
- Right of Assignment
- Adding Fees
- Employee Monitoring
- Automated Dialing and Announcing Devices
- Contact/Fee Information
Already a State Guide subscriber? To view your online State Guide and to find registration information for the monthly webinars, go to: www.acainternational.org/state-guides.
Ready to subscribe? Visit the State Guide page in our store to join the Cohort today.
If you have executive leadership updates or other member news to share with ACA, contact our communications department at [email protected]. View our publications page for more information and our news submission guidelines here.