It’s time to recognize excellence and enthusiasm among our vibrant membership. The nomination deadline for ACA’s member awards is May 1.
03/31/2023 3:00 P.M.
3 minute read
ACA International is excited to honor the best and the brightest of the accounts receivable management industry through our 2023 member awards.
Nominate a peer or one of your company’s leaders for the following awards:
- The ACA International Member of the Year Award recognizes a member who has done the most for the credit and collection industry in the preceding 12 months.
- The Industry Advocacy Champion Award recognizes a member who, in the past year, has been an outstanding advocate and protector of the industry, inspires others and honors the vision of the association.
- The Visionary Award recognizes a member who promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) and inspires and encourages the success of DEI in the industry.
To submit a nomination, write a letter that includes a list of reasons why the nominee is deserving of the honor and send it to Jessica Hartmann at [email protected].
Nominations should be received no later than May 1, 2023.
Updates to ACA’s Awards Program
This year, our annual awards lineup looks slightly different. That’s because a Board of Directors task force undertook the project of modernizing ACA’s awards.
“Our association is blessed to have many outstanding, innovative, dedicated members,” said LaDonna Bohling, chief compliance officer at Contract Callers Inc. and chair of ACA’s Member Awards Task Force. “In the past, we honored and recognized the ‘best’ by naming awards after them, often posthumously. After evaluating our current awards and comparing them to similar associations, we realized that we had more than average; some were very similar in qualifications. We realized that we couldn’t create an award each time recognition was needed, leaving us with more awards whose meanings may be lost as time goes on. Our solution was to streamline our awards program and create a Hall of Fame, inducting members based on their contributions to our association and industry.”
This new Hall of Fame will be our main avenue to both honor those members who have had such a positive impact on our industry, as well as a way to be inspired and learn from their selfless acts.
Here are the rest of ACA’s new awards:
- The Speaker of the Year Award is awarded to an ACA member in good standing who contributed the most to the development of new programs, who also volunteered as a subject matter expert and worked with the ACA education staff. ACA staff will recommend nominees for this award and selection is made by the ACA officers, including the CEO.
- The ACPAC Ambassador Award recognizes an ACA member in good standing who has made significant personal contributions of time and talent in their efforts to raise funds for ACPAC or to assist members of the industry to raise funds for elective office. Nominations for this award will be made by units and the ACPAC Committee. Selection is made by the ACPAC Committee.
- The Helping Members Succeed! Award is presented to ACA members who present at ACA Huddles, Hot Topic sessions and ACA conferences. These awards are given to speakers who have presented at 25, 50, 100, 150, or more ACA events. Selection is determined by reviews and presenter data that is tracked by ACA staff.
Coming Soon: ACA’s Hall of Fame
In July, ACA will launch its new Hall of Fame, showcasing ACA members who have had an outstanding career in the industry and a notable commitment to ACA through leadership and volunteerism.
The initial group of inductees will be those individuals who previously had awards named after them.
Going forward, members who are nominated by their peers will be considered for induction into the ACA Hall of Fame. The selection will be made by the ACA officers, including the CEO, and announced at the annual awards ceremony.
Remember, subscribe to ACA Daily and Member Alerts under your My ACA profile when logged in to acainternational.org to receive updates on the ACA Huddle.