Embracing a curious mindset can revolutionize consumer interactions and drive success in collections. Learn how at this Convention session led by Michael Klutho and Kelli Van Cleave Krueger.
07/18/2023 12:00 P.M.
3 minute read
Are you ready to take your debt collection efforts to new heights? Join Michael Klutho, attorney at Bassford Remele, and Kelli Van Cleave Krueger, director of education at ACA International, as they unveil the remarkable power of curiosity in debt collection at ACA’s 2023 Convention & Expo, Thursday, July 27.
In this engaging session, The Power of Curiosity: Boosting Revenue While Solving Consumers’ Financial Problems, Klutho and Krueger will demonstrate how a curious mindset can lead to remarkable transformations in debt collection. Attendees will gain valuable skills, effective strategies and practical insights to enhance their financial problem-solving abilities and maximize the likelihood of sustainable success.
Session learning objectives include:
- Understanding the importance of being curious and how this mindset is a must to impact consumer interactions positively.
- Recognizing the dangers of, and counterproductive nature associated with, prejudging a consumer’s situation, leading to missed opportunities to resolve accounts.
- Discovering the Champion Challenger approach and how using it helps gather valuable data points to optimize strategies that assist consumers in solving their pre-existing financial problems.
- Analyzing and comparing essential metrics (average call time, number of calls and hang-up rates) using an emotional intelligence lens.
- Learning how the law of reciprocity and kindness drastically reduces complaints and legal action.
- Exploring how the use of “coaching questions” rather than scripting helps increase win-win resolutions.
- Learning how a curious and empathetic approach helps resolve consumer obligations and helps bolster staff morale.
Embracing a curious mindset and applying the techniques and strategies shared in this course will not only boost revenues but also enhance customer relationships, reduce litigation, and foster a more supportive and innovative work environment.
Trainers, managers and owners will find this session particularly helpful as they can implement the insights and strategies to drive success within their organizations.
Overall, this year’s convention will feature education and business solutions in more than 25 breakout sessions that will include specialty categories such as interactive best ideas and burning issues based on company size, small agency hot topics and continuing legal education.
On the Main Stage:
- The Power of Positive Leadership with Keynote Jon Gordon, Wednesday, July 26. Following opening remarks from ACA CEO Scott Purcell and President Courtney Reynaud, Gordon will discuss how and why positive leaders transform teams and organizations and change the world.
- The Future is Now – Relate to Innovate with Keynote Betsy Ziegler, Friday, July 28. Ziegler, CEO of startup incubator 1871, will close out the annual awards ceremony with a discussion of the latest technologies and what you can do inside your own organization to engage the human side of innovation to drive positive change. Don’t miss your chance to discover vital insights about the tech ecosystem, what is yet to come, and what those changes mean for you.
There will be fun activities, too, including your chance at dart throwing with your peers at Flight Club Darts, sponsored by Nationwide and REPAY and benefiting the ACPAC Administrative Fund, as well as a networking event hosted by the Visionaries Committee (formerly the Women in Collections Resource Committee) and the President’s Closing Celebration. We can’t wait to see you in Chicago!
For more session and registration info, visit the 2023 Convention & Expo website.