HIPAA Essentials for Collectors (CBT)
ACA’s HIPAA Essentials for Collectors is a comprehensive training program on the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) as amended by HITECH. This training course is designed to teach collectors how to comply with HIPAA privacy and security rules and how to identify and prevent HIPAA violations in a collections environment.
(CD will be shipped)
The course is comprised of two main sections containing five modules, a scenario-based activity and a final quiz.
- Understand the purpose of HIPAA
- Know who is responsible to comply with HIPAA
- Understand how HIPAA works to safeguard Protected Health Information (PHI)
- Understand the collector's role in keeping PHI private and secure
- Recognize potential violations that can occur in and out of the workplace
- Be aware of the penalties and consequences for violating HIPAA
- Understand the importance of taking appropriate action if a violation occurs