FDCPA Essentials for the Accounts Receivable Management Industry Web Course (2nd Edition)
How Do Web Courses Work?
A Web course is a self-paced training tool individuals can access through My ACA and a portal on ACA's website. Each purchased Web course provides unlimited access for one individual for a period of 6 months--after which access expires and the course must be purchased again to gain access.
Important Note: Web courses are assigned to the person who purchases them online. If you are buying a course for individual(s) other than yourself, contact ACA after completing your purchase at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-269-1607 and press zero, Monday-Friday, 8-5 pm Central time. Tell us the name and title of the individual(s) to whom the course(s) should be assigned and include their email address (if they have one).
About the course:
The course contains 6 modules and takes approximately 2 hours to complete. Take it all at once or in short modules. User progress is automatically saved. Users will receive a Certificate of Completion at the end of the course.
Prepare your collectors to:
- Identify restrictions on the timing of collection calls.
- Determine a Right Party Contact (“RPC”) and refrain from third party disclosures;
- Recognize and deliver the “Mini-Miranda” disclosure to consumers and understand collector duties during the 30-day Validation Period;
- Recognize and respond appropriately to consumer disputes, cease communication requests, and consumers in bankruptcy;
- Recognize and prevent prohibited practices such as harassment, abuse, false and misleading representations, and unfair or unconscionable means to collect a debt; and
- Explain the consequences of violating the FDCPA.
- This 10.0 version is one of the prerequisites for the Professional Collection Specialist (PCS) designation.
- As of December 31, 2019, any old versions of this course will not be accepted for the required training.
Technical Requirements for the Web Course:
- Internet Explorer 9.0 or greater, Google Chrome (current version), or Mozilla Firefox (current version)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10.0 or greater
- Flash Player 10.0 or greater
- Speakers for audio