Essential Collection Skills and Techniques Web course
- Improve your collectors' ability to communicate with a diverse population of consumers with this enhanced version of the eight steps to a collection call. ACA's Essential Collection Skills and Techniques Web course will improve your collectors' ability to adapt to a variety of consumer personality types to secure more payments and reduce the number of broken promises to pay.
Training modules include:
- Introduction: The Collection Environment
- Module 1: Collector Communication Basics
- Module 2: Opening the Call - Whom Am I Talking to?
- Module 3: Why Didn't They Pay? Determining the Consumer's Situation
- Module 4: How Do I Get Them to Pay?
- Module 5: Closing the Call
- Module 6: Why Being an Effective Collector Matters
- Final Quiz
How Do Web courses Work?
A Web course is an online self-paced training tool individuals access via My ACA and a portal on ACA's website. Your collectors' progress will be automatically saved during each session making it easy to complete the course in steps. Plus, each collector for whom you purchase and have a Web course assigned may take the course an unlimited number of times during the six-month period after they first open it.
Important Note: Web courses are assigned to the person who purchases them online. If you are buying a course for individual(s) other than yourself, contact ACA after completing your purchase at email@example.com or 800-269-1607 and press zero, Monday-Friday, 8-5 pm Central time. Tell us the name and title of the individual(s) to whom the course(s) should be assigned and include their email address (if they have one). Each purchased Web course provides access for one individual for a period of 6 months--after which access expires and the course must be purchased again to gain access. A Certificate of Completion is available upon completing the course.
ACA's Professional Collection Specialist Designation
This Web course is one of the requirements for the PCS designation. Complete this course and the "FDCPA Essentials for Collectors" CD-ROM or Web course and then take and pass the PCS exam with a score of 85% or higher to earn the designation.
Technical Requirements for the Program: Please ensure your or your organization's computer has these technical capabilities in place before purchasing and/or accessing your course or exam:
- + Internet Explorer 11 or Microsoft Edge (current version) or Google Chrome (current version) or Mozilla Firefox (current version)
- + Adobe Acrobat Reader
- + Flash Player (latest two versions)
- + Speakers for audio