Core Recording: FDCPA Essentials for the ARM Industry
If your company is a Training Zone subscriber, there is no need to purchase. Simply view the recording(s) and download the workbook under "Product Files" below.
MP4 Access User Tips: 1) After purchase, download the Participant Workbook and save as a .pdf. 2) Next, click the player window to access the desired video. 3) When you need to stop the course, click the PAUSE feature and make note of your ELAPSED TIME. The player will not bookmark your spot. Use the slider to pick up where you left off.
CORE: FDCPA Essentials for the ARM Industry
Also known as ACA's foundation course, FDCPA Essentials for Collectors, this 2019 update discusses the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA)- the primary federal law governing the collection industry. As a professional debt collector, it is essential to know the consumer’s rights and your responsibilities under the FDCPA. This course will prepare you to:
- Identify restrictions on the timing of collection calls.
- Determine a Right Party Contact (“RPC”) with whom you may discuss a debt and refrain from third party disclosures.
- Recognize and deliver the “Mini-Miranda” disclosure to consumers and understand your duties during the 30-day Validation Period.
- Recognize and respond appropriately to consumer disputes, cease communication requests, and consumers in bankruptcy.
- Recognize and prevent prohibited practices such as harassment, abuse, false and misleading representations, and unfair or unconscionable means to collect a debt.
- Explain the consequences of violating the FDCPA for yourself and your company.
Course Time and Credit
3 hours, 1.5 Professional Development Units. (This course is also available in a self-paced e-course. Take only 1 version of the course.)
*Please note, credit will be provided ONLY to individuals who have paid to attend this seminar or those using an ACA Training Zone. Anyone sitting in with a paid participant is not eligible to receive credit. Please save a copy of the self-reporting attendance form in your materials for documentation.
ACA Certified Instructors
This seminar is taught only by ACA Certified Instructors. You can expect top-notch presentations are created by and presented for members. Seminar instructors go through vigorous training to become ACA Certified Instructors and can speak directly to your experiences because they work in our industry.