ACA member company shares its approach to working with consumers and interviewing team members as part of advocacy efforts.
Agency tours are a strong advocacy tool and allow ACA International members to connect with their legislators and regulators. When we can’t do that in person, a video is a great option.
ACA launched a campaign in April to encourage members to share their videos, ACA previously reported. The team at Debt Recovery Solutions in Ohio responded with a video interviewing their staff and leadership.
Check out their video here:
If you’re interested in sharing your own video, try these ideas:
- During your video or tour of the office, include insights from your compliance team on compliance programs and training and ask collectors to weigh in. If consumers you’ve worked with are willing to tell their story, or you have a compliment or feedback from a consumer, that’s another great perspective to share with legislators and regulators.
- Try talking about how you started your career in the industry and sharing why the work you do is important to businesses, the economy and consumers. It’s also a great opportunity to dispel misperceptions people have about the industry and help inform people to change their views about debt collectors.
- If community service is part of your company’s mission, you can share your recent projects and goals for the year ahead. Describing how COVID-19 has impacted your company, clients and the consumers you work with is also important.
Here are a few specific tips on creating a video:
- If you’re shooting your video on a phone or tablet, record your video horizontally (landscape) so your footage is bigger and fills the video screen.
- Choose a brightly lit, quiet area that is free from background noise. Audio is important. Speak loudly and clearly.
- It’s good to be prepared, but avoid
making orreading from a script. We want to hear your authentic voice.
- You may also use Zoom to record yourself. Here are Zoom setting recommendations to boost recording quality:
– Go to Video settings and check “Enable HD.”
– Go to Recording settings and check "Optimize for 3rd party editor.”
– Set the Zoom window to full screen mode when recording.
How to submit a video to ACA:
- Create a folder and label it with your company’s name. Put your video clip/s inside the folder. Zip your folder.
- Upload your zipped folder to this Google Drive link.
Submit your zipped folder online through https://transfer.pcloud.com/
Recipient: [email protected]
Accepted video formats include MOV or MP4.