The 80th anniversary 2019 Convention & Expo kicks off Sunday, July 14, with over 35 educational sessions and not-to-be-missed networking for the accounts receivable management industry.
The ACA International team is heading to San Diego for the industry event of the year with members, expert speakers, regulators and business vendors July 14-16—the 2019 Convention & Expo (#ACAConv19) at The Hilton San Diego Bayfront.
The 80th anniversary Convention & Expo is ground zero for education, networking and a little fun as well as a time to welcome new leadership on the 2019/20 Board of Directors. Join us Sunday for a Main Stage event to find out who will represent you on the board going forward. If you can’t make it, check ACA Daily on Monday, July 15, to read the list of new officers and board members.
Here are a few other highlights to look forward to:
- 2:30 p.m., Sunday, July 14, the doors will open in the Indigo 204 for ACA’s Women4Women (#ACAWomen4Women) reception which offers women employed in the accounts receivable management industry a fantastic opportunity to meet one another and share the dynamics of their experiences. Join us to learn about this new group and discover ways of connecting with colleagues after the convention.
- 3:30 p.m. Sunday, Carey Lohrenz, the first female F-14 Tomcat fighter pilot, will kick off the convention with an inspiring message from about succeeding in the most extreme environment imaginable. This highly popular leadership session, sponsored by LucentPay, will challenge, inform and inspire your team to move to higher levels of performance. Lohrenz offers bottom-line expertise with clear, realistic takeaway items for audiences that can produce both short-term and lifechanging results.
- 3:45 p.m., Monday, July 15, ACA’s advocacy professionals and consultants will present “The Beltway and Beyond: ACA Strategies for Success.” They will discuss and answer questions about legislative, regulatory and litigation activities at both the state and federal levels during this critical time for shaping policies impacting the debt collection industry.
- 5 p.m., Monday, July 15, ACA will host the Young Professionals (#YPGroup) reception in the Lobby Bar Library (off the main bar) for up and coming professionals to meet one another and discuss ideas for the new group. Bring your business cards as staff will be looking for members to join the groups.
- 8 a.m., Tuesday, July 16, following the awards breakfast, Will Bowen will join the Main Stage for “Complaint Free World.” In this fast-paced and humorous presentation, sponsored by Interactions, Bowen will take you aside to think about the other complaints in your life—at work and at home.
Thank you to all our event sponsors for supporting the 2019 Convention & Expo. Be sure to visit the Expo Hall to meet sponsors and vendors and learn about resources to move your business forward explained by Director of Marketing Nick Moreno in the video above. ACA Central in the Expo Hall is also available as a hub to talk with staff about ways to enhance your ACA membership and shop for ACA products.
Registration and check-in are available starting at 7 a.m. Sunday, July 14, in the Sapphire West Foyer on the fourth floor of The Hilton San Diego Bayfront. Throughout registration, ACA is also on a mission to pack 400 care packages for U.S. service members. Swing by the Operation Gratitude station next to the registration desk to assemble a few packages.
Visit the 2019 Convention & Expo website to view the full agenda and helpful event details. A mobile app is available to download and build your event schedule, access session handouts, and more. Use passphrase ACA2019 to access guides for convention and download the app.
For attendees, check your email inboxes for the “Know Before You Go” email sent Monday, July 8, and registration details. If you need more information, contact Member Services at [email protected] or 800-269-1607 (press 0.)