There is more time to support the ACA International Education Foundation and have fun through virtual fundraisers and other creative activities.
To accommodate members as they face unusual circumstances due to the COVID-19 pandemic, ACA International’s Education Foundation (ACAEF) extended the timeline for Collectors Challenge 2020 until July 31, 2020.
Collectors Challenge kicked off June 1 and offers member companies the perfect opportunity to shake-off the dust from the winter and stay-at-home orders while having some fun for a good cause—the ACAEF Loomer-Mortenson Scholarship Program.
Members can view the Collectors Challenge online toolkit for fundraising and activity ideas. Our poster may be downloaded and shared via email or on your company’s website.
Here are a few ideas for fundraising activities:
- Virtual Walk/Run/Bike-A-Thon: Pledge how much per mile you will walk/run/bike during the month of June and donate the total to the Education Foundation.
- Guess the amount in the candy jar: $1 per guess for a chance to win the jar of candy and a gift card.
- Silent Auction: Come up with some fun packages to bid on and support the Education Foundation.
- Virtual Happy Hour: Submit a drink recipe and create a drink recipe book. Celebrate by hosting a happy hour and charge $5 to attend. Everyone who attends gets a copy of the recipe book.
- Plant a tree community service project. ACA did this last year. Staff donates $2 to plant a tree and $1 goes to the tree planting and the other $1 goes to the Education Foundation.
Remember, participation can be simple, such as a one-time event, or one event per week, but most importantly—Collectors Challenge is a fun way for member companies to work together for a good cause. By supporting the ACAEF, you can help create a more positive public image of the industry and encourage your colleagues to take pride in their work.
Connecting online may help more members of your team to get involved. We encourage you and your staff to spread the word about your good work through social media networks. Remember- used #CollectorsChallenge2020 #Support4Good and #ACAMembersGiveBack with your posts.
ACA also encourages members and state unit leaders to share this article through websites, newsletters or internal email updates.
Tax deductible contributions of any amount may be made on the ACA International Education Foundation’s website (follow the donation link) or by sending a check to ACA International Education Foundation, 3200 Courthouse Ln, Eagan, MN 55121-1585. Please make checks payable to ACA International Education Foundation and write “Collectors Challenge” in the check’s memo field.
Stay tuned for more ideas and updates on how to get involved. Contact ACA’s communications team at [email protected] with any comments or questions. Together, we’ve got this.