The updates also include requirements on service fees and case law on check verification and the FCRA.
ACA International’s compliance department has updated the following ACA SearchPoint™ documents available for members:
- Bankruptcy: Redemption (#2321); Reviewed for accuracy.
- Bankruptcy: Notice to Creditors (#2322); Reviewed for accuracy.
- Attorney Communications and the FDCPA a Case Law Approach (#1169); Reviewed for accuracy.
- Undetermined Service Fees (#1174); Content reviewed for accuracy and for addition of case law citation.
- Fair Credit Reporting Act Identity Theft Provisions: Fraud Alerts and Active Duty Alerts (#1513); Added information on security freezes and an update on the minimum time for a fraud alert to remain on a consumer’s account.
- The Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act and Higher Education Institutions (#2260); Reviewed for accuracy.
- Northwest Territories Collection Laws (#2507); Content reviewed for accuracy with no substantive changes to statutes or regulations. The website for licensing procedures was updated.
- FTC Advisory Opinion Regarding Cease Communication and Responding to Disputes (#3020); Revised to add case references.
- Charging Medicare Beneficiaries Extra Fees (#3041); Reviewed for accuracy.
- Legal Issues for Repossession Agents (#3052); Added additional detail regarding distinctions between repossession activity and collection activity as well as the need to consider requirements of state law governing repossession activity.
- Check Verification and the FCRA (#4001); Added new case law, see footnote nine.
- New Brunswick Collection Laws (#2505); Updated contact information, updated statutes throughout document.
ACA members may access the latest compliance-related documents via the ACA’s SearchPoint™ library. Members must be logged in to the website to access ACA SearchPoint documents.
For more information on how the ACA Licensing staff can assist with your licensing needs, please contact us at [email protected] or call (952) 926-6547.