The website, geared toward educating consumers about financial literacy and the accounts receivable management industry, is available for members to share with their clients and on their own websites.
ACA International is launching Know My Debt, a free and insightful resource for consumers seeking answers to their questions about, such as:
- How do I improve my credit score?
- When is a debt considered delinquent?
- Can a debt collector call me on a Sunday?
Know My Debt is a new consumer education website created by the members of ACA International. Know My Debt delivers tips and clearly worded explanations aimed at helping consumers improve their financial literacy and resolve their debts.
“Know My Debt is about giving people a resource that provides them with an understanding of the credit and collection industry,” said Debbie Frank, CEO of Credit Bureau Services LLC and chair of ACA’s Financial Literacy Committee. “Everyone is on a financial journey and Know My Debt is here to guide, inspire and engage people when making decisions about their money and planning for their financial future.”
ACA asks that members share a link to Know My Debt on their own websites.
Here is how to add a link to Know My Debt to your website to help spread the word on this valuable resource:
- On your website, create a link on your consumer resource page called Know My Debt: Explaining Consumer Rights and Navigating Debt Solutions.
- Use this address for the hyperlink: https://www.knowmydebt.com.
- Be sure to remove existing references and hyperlinks to Ask Doctor Debt (https://www.askdoctordebt.com).
Know My Debt explains:
- The laws and regulations related to debt and credit that protect consumers.
- How to work with a debt collector on delinquent debts, including specific explanations for student loan debt.
- Answers to common questions about credit reporting and credit scores.
Visit the Know My Debt website at www.knowmydebt.com.
To receive notifications about ACA content—including member alerts, upcoming events and new products—text ALERTS to 96997.
Message and data rates may apply. Message frequency will vary. To opt-out at any time, reply STOP to any message we send.