To be announced.
Why Should I Attend?
The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) is the primary federal law governing the collection industry. As a professional debt collector, it is essential to know the consumer’s rights and your responsibilities under the FDCPA. (The live and/or recorded webinar version is 3 hours, 1.5 PDUs. This course is also available in a self-paced e-course. Take only 1 version of the course.)
This course will prepare you to:
- Identify restrictions on the timing of collection calls.
- Determine a Right Party Contact (“RPC”) with whom you may discuss a debt and refrain from third party disclosures.
- Recognize and deliver the “Mini-Miranda” disclosure to consumers and understand your duties during the 30-day Validation Period.
- Recognize and respond appropriately to consumer disputes, cease communication requests, and consumers in bankruptcy.
- Recognize and prevent prohibited practices such as harassment, abuse, false and misleading representations, and unfair or unconscionable means to collect a debt.
Explain the consequences of violating the FDCPA for yourself and your company.
Handouts and Login Information
If there are materials for this seminar, they will be available to download the day before the event. If there are no handouts listed, there are none for this event.
One day prior to the event, login Information for the event can be found by logging in to the ACA Website and clicking on the notification bell next to your name at the top of the page.
Attend via Your Mobile Device
Attend this seminar with the WebEx Mobile App. You will still be required to enter the WebEx login information provided.
ACA reserves the right to cancel or modify the program or substitute speakers. If ACA should cancel the program, registrants will receive a full refund.
Cancellations received less than 3 business days prior to the seminar will be charged $35 cancellation fee. E-mail your cancellations to email@example.com. If you do not cancel prior to the session and do not attend, you are still responsible for full payment.