To be announced.
Why Should I Attend?
The Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) and its implementing Regulation V require data furnishers to adopt reasonable policies and procedures surrounding the accuracy and integrity of their furnishing practices, to notify certain consumers prior to furnishing negative information, and to respond to consumer disputes and claims of identity theft and fraud. Consumer Reporting Agencies (CRAs) may also implement additional reporting policies, and while such policies do not amend the law, they do present additional considerations furnishers should address in a Compliance Management System (CMS) and resulting business practices. (90 minutes, .75 PDUs)
This course will prepare participants to:
- Describe how the FCRA and Regulation V work together to prescribe regulatory requirements;
- Apply FCRA, Regulation V, and CRA accuracy and integrity standards when reporting consumer information;
- Differentiate between Direct and CRA dispute investigation requirements;
- Recognize alerts and respond to claims of identity theft and fraud;
- Certify a permissible purpose when obtaining and using consumer reports; and
- Incorporate effective policies and procedures into a Compliance Management System (CMS).
Handouts and Login Information
If there are materials for this seminar, they will be available to download the day before the event. If there are no handouts listed, there are none for this event.
One day prior to the event, login Information for the event can be found by logging in to the ACA Website and clicking on the notification bell next to your name at the top of the page.
Attend via Your Mobile Device
Attend this seminar with the WebEx Mobile App. You will still be required to enter the WebEx login information provided.
ACA reserves the right to cancel or modify the program or substitute speakers. If ACA should cancel the program, registrants will receive a full refund.
Cancellations received less than 3 business days prior to the seminar will be charged $35 cancellation fee. E-mail your cancellations to email@example.com. If you do not cancel prior to the session and do not attend, you are still responsible for full payment.