CORE: Introduction to Collection Industry Compliance (2 day)
1/16/2019 - 1/17/2019
(11:00 AM - 12:30 PM Central)
Chief Personnel Officer
Wilber & Associates, P.C.
Why Should I Attend?
If you need help developing a compliance management system, this seminar is for you! You will gain a basic understanding of the compliance management system process and how to identify the right individuals or team members to lead the implementation of that system. Walk away with a plan for your next compliance management system steps after auditing your compliance management system using ACA’s compliance checklist.
Have success in your compliance role by learning the following:
1. Determining the importance of a compliance management system (following CFPB expectations).
2. Completing the compliance evaluation “fit test” to assess your company’s compliance status.
3. Assessing and determining the right individuals to lead your compliance management system by:
- Identifying the core components of a compliance team.
- Planning what resources you have available and what is needed to develop a compliance team.
- Identifying the qualities, roles and responsibilities of a compliance leader and team members.
- Drafting appropriate job descriptions for the members of the compliance team
4. Defining the stages within a compliance management system life cycle to prepare you for implementing the system within your agency.
5. Creating a plan for your next compliance management steps based on your needs after auditing your compliance management system using ACA’s compliance checklist.
How you will benefit:
Get back to basics with an understanding of the compliance management system process. Create a plan for the next steps you need to take in order to develop a compliance management system based on your current compliance needs.
Professional Development Units
You will earn 1.5 PDUs for this online seminar, which can be applied toward ACA’s Scholar and Fellow Designations. In addition, this seminar is a required course for ACA's Credit and Collection Professional (CCCP), Professional Collection Management (PCM), and Collection Industry Professional (CIP) Designations.
*Please note, credit will be provided ONLY to individuals who have paid to attend this seminar. Anyone sitting in with a paid participant is not eligible to receive credit.
ACA Certified Instructors:
You can expect top-notch presentations are created by and presented for members. Seminar instructors go through vigorous training to become ACA Certified Instructors and can speak directly to your experiences because they work in our industry.
Handouts and Login Information
If there are materials for this seminar, they will be available to download the day before the event. If there are no handouts listed, there are none for this event. Please see your registration email for the WebEx login information.
Attend via Your Mobile Device
Attend this seminar with the WebEx Mobile App. You will still be required to enter the WebEx login information provided.
ACA reserves the right to cancel or modify the program or substitute speakers. If ACA should cancel the program, registrants will receive a full refund.
Cancellations received less than 3 business days prior to the seminar will be charged $35 cancellation fee. E-mail your cancellations to email@example.com. If you do not cancel prior to the session and do not attend, you are still responsible for full payment.