The credit and collection industry is technology-driven. ACA provides information and resources to assist members with the right technology solutions.
Technology Tools News Archive
- Consumers on the Future of Payments
Apr 9, 2012
The number one priority for consumers when choosing payment tools is security.
- Semi-Annual Survey Reveals Historical Wireless Trend
Oct 20, 2011
Results of the semi-annual survey demonstrate the prevalence of wireless subscribers.
- ACH Payment Volume Increases in First Quarter of 2011
Aug 15, 2011
ACH reflect more than 4.02 billion transactions were conducted in the first quarter of 2011.
- Google Represents 66 Percent of U.S. Searches
Aug 15, 2011
Google accounts for majority of U.S. Internet searches in July.
- Consumers Committed to Retaining Cell Phone and Internet Services
Aug 2, 2011
When trying to save money, consumers choose to keep technology and cut back in other areas.
- FCC Releases Rules Implementing the Truth in Caller ID Act
Jul 5, 2011
On June 23, 2011, the Federal Communications Commission adopted rules implementing the Truth in Caller ID Act.
- Wireless Only Households Continue to Grow
Jul 1, 2011
Preliminary results from a CDC survey find wireless only households grew more than three percent in the last six months of 2010.
- FTC Testifies on Data Security
Jun 21, 2011
FTC says Congress should enact data security and breach notification law.
- FTC Workshop Discusses Technological Advances Impacting the Collection Industry
May 6, 2011
The FTC hosted a workshop that discussed the impact new technologies have on communications and compliance with the FDCPA.
- FTC Announces Panelists and Agenda for FTC Debt Collection Workshop 2.0
Apr 25, 2011
ACA members and staff will be serving as panelists for the workshop, “Protecting Consumers as Technologies Change.”
- FCC Seeks Comment on Proposed Caller ID Rules
Apr 4, 2011
The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) issued a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking on March 9, 2011, which seeks comment on proposed rules implementing the Truth in Caller ID Act of 2009.