The association wishes to provide specific benefits to professional lobbyists and legislative advocates who are currently being retained or are otherwise under contract to perform services on behalf of the association, to one or more current members of the association or to a unit of the association. The purpose of this special membership category shall be to enable these lobbyists to better represent these clients by providing the lobbyists with a number of resources.
Candidates for this category of membership must be professional lobbyists who are currently retained by, or otherwise under contract to perform lobbying services to the association, one or more current association members or to a unit of the association.
The ACA Credit and Collection Advocate Member (CCAM) membership category shall be overseen by the Legal and Government Affairs Department.
Any professional lobbyist or legislative advocate who is sponsored by the association, a current member of the association or a Unit of the association; and,
- Agrees to support the purposes of the association as provided in the governing documents of the association;
- Is currently retained by, or otherwise under contract to perform, lobbying services to, the association, one or more association members or a unit of the association; and,
- Does not represent the interests of consumers against third–party debt collectors or credit grantors shall be eligible for membership in this special category upon application to this association as administered through the Legal and Government Affairs Department and payment of annual dues in the amount of $165 per calendar year or as otherwise established by the Executive Committee.
Members of this special category shall be entitled to:
- Receive certain association publications as established by the Executive Committee, which will include an electronic version of the Government Affairs Report and MAPbulletin and a subscription to Collector magazine.
- Access to the CCAM listserve.
- Access to the ACA member-only website.
- Purchase products and services, subject to availability.
- Accept election to association committees.
- Such other benefits as the Executive Committee may determine from time–to–time.
Members of this special category shall not be entitled to:
- Serve as members of the Board of Directors or serve as officers of this association.
- Vote at any Meeting of the Membership of this association.
CCAM members need not apply for, be granted, nor maintain membership status in any unit as a condition of membership in this special membership category. CCAM members are not a member of any unit, unless a unit elects them to be a member.
Questions? Call (952) 928-8000, ext. 203, or e–mail firstname.lastname@example.org.