The purpose of this special membership category is to provide unique benefits to individuals and organizations that provide extraordinary support for special projects, initiatives, studies and research projects organized or offered by ACA International.
Candidates for this category of membership must be individuals, business organizations or associations that are directly or indirectly engaged in providing products or services to the credit and collection industry. Prior or existing membership in ACA International is not a prerequisite to membership in this special membership category.
The Coalition Membership Category shall be overseen by the Legal and Government Affairs Department. The staff liaison to this special membership category shall be the general counsel of ACA International or designee.
Membership Qualification Requirements
Upon satisfaction of the following requirements, a qualified candidate shall become a member of ACA’s Coalition Membership Category:
- Agrees to support the purpose of the association as provided in the Bylaws and Standard Operating Procedures of ACA International and to comply with these membership qualification requirements as a condition of Coalition membership;
- Expressly supports the mission, value and promise of the association.
- Pays dues in increments of $500 or as otherwise established by the Executive Committee. A minimum of 30 days notice of any change in dues shall be provided to members of the category.
Term of Membership
Upon payment of dues, membership in this special membership category shall be for two years or for the duration of the special project, initiative, study or research project whichever is less.
Members of this special category shall be entitled to:
- Attend Coalition member meetings as scheduled from time to time.
- Serve on Coalition Member Committees.
- Participate in Coalition teleconferences.
- Be eligible for participation in the ACA Committee of 100 Meeting upon invitation by the president of ACA International and satisfaction of other conditions of participation in the Committee of 100 meeting.
- Such other benefits as the Executive Committee may determine from time to time.
Membership in ACA International which arises only from membership in this special membership category shall not:
- Entitle a Coalition member to serve on the ACA Board of Directors, as an Officer of this Association or as a member of an ACA Committee other than Coalition Membership Committees.
- Entitle a Coalition member to vote at any Meeting of the Membership of this association.
- Subject the Coalition member to disciplinary proceedings pursuant to the ACA Code of Ethics and Code of Operations.
Coalition members need not apply for, be granted, nor maintain membership status in any Unit as a condition of membership in this Special Membership.