ACA International acts as the members’ voice in critical business, legislative, legal, regulatory and public arenas.
- Importance of TCPA Modernization Efforts Increases in the Wake of Litigation
May 17, 2013
Outdated provisions of the TCPA continue to create concern among many like-minded industries.
- President Nominates New FCC Chairman
Apr 30, 2013
Tom Wheeler receives the president’s nomination to lead the FCC.
- Rep. Waters Introduces Medical Debt Legislation
Apr 26, 2013
Legislation proposes removing paid or settled medical debt from a consumer’s credit report within 45 days.
- ACA’s Fly-In Included More Than 90 Capitol Hill Meetings
Apr 19, 2013
ACA members garner support for legislative and regulatory initiatives in Washington, D.C.
- FCC to Face Staff Transitions
Apr 1, 2013
Chairman Julius Genachowski and Commissioner Robert McDowell are stepping down.
- Medical Debt Legislation Reintroduced in the Senate
Feb 15, 2013
Legislation proposes amending the Fair Credit Reporting Act for paid or settled medical debt.
- FTC Releases Empirical Debt Buying Report
Jan 30, 2013
Report reinforces the important value of debt buying and collection to America’s credit-based economy.
- NLRB Recess Appointments Found Unconstitutional
Jan 25, 2013
NLRB recess appointments made during the same time as CFPB director recess appointment found unconstitutional.
- President Renominates Richard Cordray for CFPB Director Position
Jan 24, 2013
The nomination will be sent to the Senate for a vote.