Visit the ACA Event Calendar to register:
- Collection Floor Management This full-day, interactive forum will allow attendees to share strategies for operating a compliant collection floor and improving the people, processes and performance at their organization. Attendees will share concerns and develop solutions to roadblocks in order to improve methods of monitoring, coaching and measuring collector performance. Face-to-face, online.
- Credit and Collection Compliance Officer Take your company’s compliance program from good to great with this seminar designed for credit and collection professionals working in a compliance-related position. You will learn to make risk assessments on operations, handle complaints and disputes, and implement effective documenting policies, procedures and work instructions. This seminar lays the groundwork for the CCCO Designation. Face-to-face, online. (prerequisite for ACA’s Credit & Collection Compliance Officer designation)
- Data Security & Privacy Data security breaches affect millions of consumers. As state data breach notification laws continue to grow and change, it’s more important than ever to stay on top of the regulations that apply to your business. In this seminar, you will learn to implement effective policies and procedures, notify consumers in the event of a data security breach and explore essential safeguards and strategies to develop a Data Security Compliance Program. Face-to-face, online. (prerequisite for ACA’s Credit & Collection Compliance Officer designation and Health Care Collection Management designation)
- Defense Litigation Strategies for the Collection Industry Industry members are contiuously inundated with costly and meritless litigation, often at the hands of serial filers and the consumer bar. Litigation and complaints against credit and collection industry members are continually on the rise, and this seminar will help collection agency professionals respond appropriately. You will learn about common claims, relevant evidence and defense strategies - including measures you can take to avoid and defend against litigation and complaints. After discussing litigation concepts, you’ll walk away better prepared to work with your attorneys when detecting, handling and responding to litigation, and you’ll gain an inside perspective on successful defense strategies. Face-to-face, members only
- Ethical & Professional Collections Ethics continue to affect the daily operations of the credit and collection industry. This seminar discusses guiding principles to keep you and your agency on the right path. Learn what the industry and your peers are doing to adhere to ACA’s Code of Ethics and Code of Operations as well as how to develop internal compliance procedures at your company that will encourage ethical and professional behavior at all levels and ensure upper management behavior at your organization is consistent with your company’s values. Face-to-face, online. (prerequisite for ACA’s Credit & Collection Compliance Officer designation and Health Care Collection Management designation)
- Essential Collection Skills & Techniques This training provides real-world scenarios that will help your collectors learn to effectively communicate and negotiate with a diverse population of consumers and increase your collection results. Your collectors will learn the enhanced eight steps to a collection call to help them secure more payments. Face-to-face, online, CD-ROM and Web course. (prerequisite for ACA’s Professional Collection Specialist certificate)
- FDCPA Essentials for Collectors Bridge the gap between understanding the law and applying it on the phone during conversations with consumers. This interactive, scenario-based seminar will help your collectors stay in compliance with the FDCPA in addition to understanding the consequences of FDCPA violations, responding to a wrong or third party, and avoiding harassment and other unfair practices. Face-to-face, online, CD-ROM and Web course. (prerequisite for ACA’s Professional Collection Specialist certificate)
- FDCPA: Hot Topics All agencies collecting consumer debt need to comply with and be knowledgeable about the FDCPA. This upper-level seminar includes an analysis of recent judicial decisions regarding the FDCPA, as well as Federal Trade Commission interpretations of the law. You will learn how to recognize personal liability under the FDCPA and identify the most common areas of noncompliance. Face-to-face, online. (prerequisite for ACA’s Credit & Collection Compliance Officer designation)
- Health Care Collection Management Explore the ways in which health care collections differ from other collection practices while you discover successful strategies for working with different types of health care accounts. Learn how to go beyond the day-to-day tasks of a health care collector and take a look at important operational aspects of this account type including ways to avoid common complaints, the lifecycle of a health care account, strategies for collecting self-pay and Medicare accounts, and the risks and benefits of collecting health care accounts. Online. (prerequisite for ACA’s Health Care Collection Management designation)
- How to Prepare Your Compliance Program for the CFPB ACA’s newest seminar will walk you through the key steps in a compliance management system lifecycle and point out what the CFPB is going to be looking for in that system. You will leave this seminar with actual tools to help you audit your compliance management system including various forms and templates as well as ACA’s Compliance Checklist and the CFPB’s Compliance Management Review Template. Face-to-face
- Introduction to Quality Assurance Get back to the basics by improving the operations within your organization, increasing client satisfaction and improving compliance by applying quality assurance principles to your daily collection practices. Develop your Quality Assurance Program through lecture, interactive discussion, and case studies. Face-to-face, online.
- Sales: Strategies & Techniques Whether you are looking to gain knowledge on how to prospect and qualify clients, make inspiring presentations, work with requests for proposals, maintain business relationships or close the sale, you will find it here! Face-to-face, online.
- Skiptracing & Cybertracking Techniques Learn how to locate consumers while staying in compliance with the FDCPA. Participants analyze skiptracing problems, find creative solutions and learn what skiptracing can do for an agency’s bottom line. Face-to-face, online.
- Trainer Specialist This seminar provides collection managers and trainers the tools they need to train their collectors in-house on ACA’s FDCPA Essentials for Collectors and Essential Collection Skills & Techniques using ACA curriculum. Earning ACA’s Trainer Specialist Designation gives you what you need to bring ACA-recognized training materials to your organization. In addition, your staff will meet the necessary requirements to earn their Professional Collection Specialist certificate. Online and face-to-face. (prerequisite for ACA’s Trainer Specialist designation)
- Understanding the Fair Credit Reporting Act If you furnish data for consumer reports, you know the importance of understanding the laws governing consumer reporting. Avoid liability under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) for a seminar that will discuss how to identify portions of the FCRA that affect your daily operations, recognize how consumer reporting laws affect daily business decisions, and stay in compliance with recent regulations regarding Identity Theft Prevention Programs. Face-to-face, online. (prerequisite for ACA’s Credit & Collection Compliance Officer designation)
Visit the Event Calendar to find out when these seminars will take place next!