ACA International, the association of credit and collection professionals, is a trade association representing the credit and collection industry. Association members include third-party debt collection agencies, attorneys, creditors, asset buyers and vendors. ACA itself does not collect debt and does not send out collection letters.
ACA International members abide by the ACA Code of Ethics (addressing consumer and business issues) and Code of Operations (addressing issues between agencies or between agencies and their creditor-clients).
Please note: ACA has changed its process regarding the investigation of consumer complaints. As of September 19, 2011, ACA no longer directly mediates consumer complaints. In an effort to facilitate resolution of consumer complaints, however, ACA will continue to forward complaints to the member identified on the complaint form.
Before Filing a Complaint
- Save the form to your computer before attempting to fill in your complaint information.
- Make sure you have any and all supporting documentation and information regarding your complaint.
- Complete the appropriate complaint form in its entirety.
After Completing the Appropriate Complaint Form
- Make a copy of any supporting documentation to include with your complaint.
- Verify the company’s contact information using ACA’s member directory.
- Send the complaint form to ACA:
- By e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- By fax at (952) 915-3922
- By mail at ACA International, Attn: Ethics Department, P.O. Box 390106, Minneapolis, MN 55439-0106
- Upon receipt of the complaint form and all supporting documentation, ACA will forward your complaint to the company you identified on the complaint form in an effort to facilitate resolution of your complaint.
- If you are a consumer who wishes to file a complaint against a member, please complete the consumer complaint form.
- Information about your rights as a consumer can be obtained from the Federal Trade Commission or Ask Doctor Debt, a free consumer financial literacy website created by the ACA International Education Foundation.
- ACA will continue to mediate member to member and creditor-client complaints as it has in the past.
- If you represent a company and wish to file a complaint against a member, please complete the company complaint form.
If you have questions about the complaint process, please contact ACA’s Ethics Department at email@example.com.